What is General Waste?
General waste is created during and after use of certain products and materials. As a result, any kind of consumption creates general waste. In general, waste is generated during the manufacturing of products or even during procedures that require extraction and transformation of raw materials into the useful things that we see in our shop shelves and in our homes.
For example, let’s start at home. As individuals living varied lifestyles, we create our own set of general waste. And it is up to us, to be responsible for the waste we produce. In any event, we can rely on government-regulated garbage collection or opt for professional rubbish removal services. This is to keep our families healthy and safe and our very own communities waste-free and happy.
Having all the clutter piled up in your home or workplace can be disastrous to you and people around you. One of the simplest and quickest ways to handle this large volume of rubbish removal is to find a reliable skip bin company such as 1300 Skip Bins. And by choosing the appropriate bin size that can fit all garbage, your place will be virtually waste-free in no time.
Dealing with Residential Rubbish
General rubbish that comes from households is often large with old broken down items. All in all, these are difficult to remove from the property and the clean-up workload would require the effort of several people. It’s definitely hard to rely on family members especially if everyone needs to tend to their day jobs or care for children.
With large residential rubbish, these items often end up in piles uncollected by the council because of its considerable size, height and weight. Doing rubbish removal on your own would seem like an impossible task especially if the waste won’t fit in the family car, or its amount exceeds what’s allowed in the weekly rubbish collection.
How Can We Help You?
With our longstanding clean-up expertise, we have the equipment and the professional rubbish removal team to clear out the general waste accumulating in your property. Notably, we do all the heavy lifting needed including disassembling of fixtures and dismantling of large heavy frames before loading. We also remove rubbish promptly and on schedule, so you can go about your day stress-free.
And when we clean up, we really mean it. Leaving the property with no trace of rubbish, no shards of glass and metals left behind. Our goal is to improve the safety of your area through timely and efficient rubbish removal. We care for your property as if it were our own.
When you call 1300 Skip Bins for rubbish removal, you get to speak to a real person who will provide real solutions to your rubbish concerns. We can assist you in sorting out your waste, know what rubbish goes into the bin and what rubbish is regulated by law. You can consult us for an estimate whether you are looking into booking the right size skip bin for your property or opting for a full-service rubbish removal or book us.
What items are considered General Waste?
In general, garbage falling under the category of general waste is everyday household rubbish that we deal with. Some of them are recyclable, and some are not.
Items classified as general waste include:
- Concrete but do note that there are weight restrictions – approximately 3 wheelbarrow loads maximum
- Glass which includes bottles, jars, mirrors, etc
- Scrap metals
- Timber and wooden products
- Paper and cardboard
- Plastics (Plastic bags and wrapping film)
- Clothing, meshes, carpeting and other fabrics
- Electronic equipment like televisions, computers, monitors, scanners, electronic accessories, sealers, printers and other office electronics.
- Devices such as mobile phones, battery operated equipment which includes toys, tools and sports gear.
- Small electrical appliances such as toasters, blenders, vacuum cleaners, microwaves, electric fans, slow cookers, broilers, steamers and other home appliances
- Green waste including dry leaves, branches and grass clippings. Things to take note about green waste rubbish removal that there are large amounts of green waste so it’s much better for you to have a separate bin for your green waste. Green waste is recyclable and can be turned into mulch that is used in community gardens or farms.
- Builders Waste. This is heavy mixed waste accumulated from property construction. We can collect builders waste easily so that your workers can carry on with construction.
What You Cannot Put into the Skip Bins
As mandated by law, which covers the wellbeing of everyone and the safety of the environment, these following items found in most residential properties are NOT ALLOWED in the skip bins. We are listing them down for you to sift through, so you can get a better assessment for your rubbish removal.
- Biohazard wastes notably bodily fluids such as urine, blood, vomit, feces, tissues, human waste and dead pets or stray animals
- Radioactive materials
- Medical wastes like soiled linens and beddings, nappies, syringes, needles, blades, catheters, blood-soaked bandages, vials, test strips, swabs
- Asbestos because certain homes and buildings built before the 1980s are often made with Asbestos materials
- Poisons, toxic liquids, acids and alkalines because certain liquids just burn through containers and will injure people upon contact
- Paints, expanders, industrial reducers and thinners
- Fuel (petrol or diesel), used cooking oil, motor oils and gas bottles
- Household cleaners and chemicals
- Containers or bottles that are either full, partially filled or empty. And those once contained, or still contains oils, chemicals and toxic substances.
- Batteries that contain lead, nickel and cadmium.
What General Waste can we dispose for you?
Certain regulations prohibit such items during rubbish removal. But there are items that we can properly dispose for you if you call ahead of time and consult our rubbish removal specialists. Also do note that these kinds of rubbish will incur additional charges at the external waste management facility in your area.
We can remove the following rubbish for you:
- Vehicle parts, engine parts, batteries and metal refuse.
- Large electrical appliances such as old refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioning units, dishwashers, dryers, tubs and washing machines. Including any other large home appliances or furnishings.
Transform your Home into a Clutter-Free Haven
It’s clear that there are various kinds of general waste that an industry, household or a place of business can generate. Over time, the clutter can accumulate without you even consciously noticing the rubbish piles in the nooks and crannies of your house. As a result, this often happen in homes with very busy families. Eventually, houses or workplaces become full of unwanted and unimportant belongings and going for a rubbish removal service is a great way to keep clean and restore order in your home. As a result, you will have more room for things that really matter. In addition, you can now move about freely, shifting things around the room and interacting with family members will not be a hassle anymore and as a result, a clean space creates positive energy for everyone.
In the fast-paced times of the modern society, efficiency and convenience are not only a luxury but a necessity. Thus, in order to maximize productivity, time, and resources, hiring a professional rubbish removal service is one of the best decisions one can make. Do you need to know more? Don’t hesitate to call us ahead of rubbish removal day.
AREAS WE COVER
- Adamstown Heights
- Bar Beach
- Birmingham Gardens
- Cooks Hill
- Elermore Vale
- Fullerton Cove
- Hamilton, Hamilton North, East and South
- Mayfield, Mayfield North, East and West
- Merewether Heights
- New Lambton
- New Lambton Heights
- Newcastle Newcastle
- Newcastle West
- North Lambton
- Rankin Park
- The Hill
- The Junction
- Tighes Hill
- Waratah West
Lake Macquarie Suburbs
- Adamstown Heights
- Belmont, Belmont North and Belmont South
- Bennetts Green
- Blackalls Park
- Bolton Point
- Cameron Park
- Cams Wharf
- Cardiff, Cardiff Heights and Cardiff South
- Catherine Hill Bay
- Caves Beach
- Croudace Bay
- Fennell Bay
- Garden Suburb
- Kilaben Bay
- Kotara South
- Little Pelican
- Macquarie Hills
- Marks Point
- Marmong Point
- Mount Hutton
- Myuna Bay
- New Lambton Heights
- Nords Wharf
- Rankin Park
- Speers Point
- Swansea Heads
- Tingira Heights
- Warners Bay